A wiki is a website that can be created for posting or uploading content which can be added to, edited, or removed by anyone who is given permission to access it. Here is a link to a great breakdown of the many ways it can function: What is a wiki?I have chosen pbwiki.com to use for classroom use.
After researching, I have discovered so many fascinating purposes that it can serve in the English classroom.
- creating individual student pages to simulate an actual blog
- uploading relevant pictures to support writing
- peer editing on any type of writing
- making global connections with other students around the world
- collaborating on a group project
- posting reflections to various writing assignments
- embedding technology tools that support learning about current skills
- posting assignment descriptions
- commenting on published work by posting thoughtful feedback
- creating folders to store rubrics, best practices, resources
- creating links to relevant curriculum sites